High Concept
Am I blogging...or am I pitching my existence?


Tuesday, June 01, 2004

The Pitch: It's like Hum Tum meets Lakeer...or is it?  


Ahhh, the good old days...this was the Naz 8's old building and, despite the new one being next to a Half-Price Books and a Subway, I still prefer it. Posted by Hello

I'm in the mood for an Indian movie or two and am debating going out to the new Naz 8 to catch one. There's some pluses to the idea (those musical numbers!) and some minuses (that drive!). Additionally, the movies I'd plan on catching have gotten pretty stinky reviews.

It's not like I'm not swimming in decent movies right here at home, after all. I just finished Bullet for The General and it was fuckin' great. One has to wonder how wildly WWII fucked up Italy, though: out of the non-Leone Spaghetti Westerns I've seen, the most recurrently fetishized image is a blonde man mowing people down with a machine gun.

Hmmm. You know, I think I've talked myself out of driving to the Naz 8. Maybe I'll stay in and watch Dawn of the Dead with the commentary on....

posted by Jeff Lester | 1:48 PM |
linking
Consuming
switching
helping
archiving